27.11.14

I'd rather be on a mountain top.

 I long to live on a mountain top,
free from this city's vileness and wrath.
Free from the plots and the whoring of hearts,
up on the hill all is simple and still.

 Am I a coward for abandoning the flock?
City's the battlefield but shepherd I'm not.
Too many leaders, yet too little light.
Lord, should I go up that mountain or stay down n' fight?

 Lovers they played me and teachers they lied,
relatives tortured me, n' my children they died,
n' you know I thank you Lord for each sin that I pay,
but who am I to even think I can show them the way?

 Hasn't been too long since  I was a big sinner myself,
prayin' for heaven but bringing forth hell.
Only thing I learned is that the one place to lean on
is brotherly love and a conciousness clean

 Too many books taught me knowledge there's none,
too many travels but destination's just one,


 n' though I love every creature I meet on the spot
I'd rather be on a mountain top,

 I'd rather be on a mountain top,
I'd rather be on a mountain top,
I'd rather be on a mountain top,
I'd rather be on a mountain top.




No comments:

Post a Comment