1.9.13

The cross.

 The cross, the cross, I laid, I bared.

                                                                                                  None can hear the tears I've teared.


 For long the cross and heavy, dear,
 gods would fall from grace by fear.

                                                                                           No hope for my fate's recovery.
                                                                      No hope for my fate's recovery.





                                                                                        Hush mom and the world is rotary.

                                                                Hush mom and the stars watch over me.


                                                                                        Needles turned my skin to stone



                                                                                   and poison filled the smell of home



                                                                                          I fear they'll cut my leg off dear
                                                                        all my life I ache and fear.



                                                                                          No hope for my fate's recovery
                                                                    No hope for my fate's recovery.




                                                                               Hush mom and the world is rotary.                                                                                                          Hush mom and the stars watch over me.


Every bone I bruise, I brake and,
braking me up is so hard to take.
I told the cupboards, told the walls
how spirit climbs and spirit falls. 



                                                                                     Mother, mother, rest upon the clover,



                                                                                mother, mother, rest upon the flowered ends



                                                                                         Mother, mother, I'll make you another,
                                                                  hold on, hold on, wait for my pay to end.



                                                                             (sugahspank lyrics, copyright 2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment